Monday, March 23, 2009

The truth about Cisco Fatty

Here is the twitter exchange that everyone is talking about, affectionately known as Cisco Fatty.

theconnor posted:

“Cisco just offered me a job! Now I have to weigh the utility of a fatty paycheck against the daily commute to San Jose and hating the work.”

Tim Levad responded back:

“Who is the hiring manager. I’m sure they would love to know that you will hate the work. We here at Cisco are versed in the web.”

The story goes that theconnor was contacted by Cisco and the job was withdrawn.

The truth is always more boring.

Per theconnor.net
Sometimes in the course of applying for a job, it becomes apparent that it’s a job you don’t want to do. I declined one such job early on Tuesday, and then, because I live at some distance from many of my close friends, I decided to use Twitter to tell them about what I had been thinking.

Let me tell you about how I use Twitter: I have 45 friends. I know all of them. They know me. 95% of them have lived in a dorm or a house with me. I practically can’t offend them, although sometimes I try.

Per cp24.com
However, Riley says she declined the job before posting the comment on Twitter, saying her story has been distorted by bloggers and the media.

"The 'job' I 'lost' was merely a summer internship I declined before I even tweeted about it," she told CP24.com in an email. "Any information you have pulled from other sources has largely been made up by bloggers."

It appears that this story has been overblown by the media and bloggers.

But the lesson is real, watch what you tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment